Approved Continuing Education Courses for:
Renew your Georgia Cosmetology License with one or more of these State Approved Online or Classroom Continuing Education Courses!
Although Education Location makes every attempt to provide an accurate overview of state continuing education requirements, we urge you to check with your state agencies and boards for the latest and most precise relicensing information.
The State of Georgia requires 5 hours of Continuing Education to renew a Cosmetology License. Choose one of the following state approved courses.
· CE Hours Reduced: The number of CE hours has been reduced by half -- to five (5) hours.
· Waiver Changed: All licensees who have been licensed for 25 years or longer may receive a waiver of the required CE. Also, licensees who can prove to the Board that they have a hardship may request a waiver.
· Health & Safety Required: Three (3) of the 5 required hours must be satisfied with a health and safety course, to be specially developed by the Department of Technical and Adult Education (DTAE) for your profession. Once the curriculum is developed, DTAE and private providers will offer the same course to satisfy the health and safety CE requirement.
· 2 Hours Open: The 2 remaining hours required may be satisfied by attending a trade/product show or completing other courses in health and safety issues, industry trends, computer skills, business management or related areas of practice, if the shows or courses are properly registered with the Board and provide written proof to you of attendance or course completion.
· Rollover Provision: If you have already taken approved CE courses or will have completed approved CE courses prior to the end of this year (before January 1, 2002), the hours may be used to satisfy up to 5 hours of the new requirements. This is a one-time “rollover” provision. For example, an esthetician who has already completed 10 hours of approved CE can use those course hours to provide proof of completing the CE requirement during the next renewal period (ending August 31, 2003).
· Electronic Courses Allowed: CE courses given over the Internet, by home study or some other electronic method will be allowed as a means of getting CE, after the courses are properly registered with the Board.
Georgia Cosmetology Online Continuing Education Package: